Re: [Xen-devel] about hot plug issue

On 26/9/06 8:36 am, "Yu, Ping Y" <ping.y.yu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But we found that when in an extremely condition, like
> creating 12 VMX domains and 4 XENU domains at the same
> time, sometimes we still can meet this bug. Attached is a
> demo script to start many domains. So we just wonder changing
> the timout value could not resolve this issue completely.

How long do the creation commands appear to hang before timing out? With the
new timeouts it ought to be at least a minute, which ought to be plenty of
time to create a dozen domains.

> At the same time, we found when main_loop_wait is increased to
> 100 ms, windows guest's keyboard and mouse response is
> significantly slower.

Perhaps we need a single polling daemon that can demux kb/mouse events to
all qemu instances in a way that can be select()ed on. That would avoid
unscalable polling overheads.

 -- Keir