Re: [Xen-devel] Not waiting for devices in xend when resuming a domain

On 23/9/06 5:31 pm, "Stefan Berger" <stefanb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I noticed that if a domain is resumed it is NOT being waited for the hotplug scripts to finish running (call to waitForDevices in xend) , like this is for example done when a domain is starting. If I put a lot of load on domain-0 by for example compiling the sources with multiple threads (make -j 16) and do a resume on a domain, this can lead to access to devices although they are not properly connected, yet. I think it's even more critical to have immediate and guaranteed access to all devices when a domain is immediately available (resume) and if it wants to access a device instead of it the case when it might be busy spending some time booting.

They at least need to be set up enough that the restored domain can start connecting to its new backends. So the backend info directory needs to be set up by the time the domain resumes execution.

 -- Keir