Re: [Xen-devel] XenTest wiki pages

Al Stone wrote:
Based on some discussion held during the Xen Summit, I have started
trying to organize the work that people are doing testing Xen.  Granted,
this bears a remarkable similarity to herding cats.

Nonetheless, I've started collecting information about all of the
tests that people run (many of them regularly) on the Xen wiki:

   http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenTest

Excellent start, thanks very much, Al!

BTW, I was still waiting on Xen Summit presentations
to go up on the XenSource wiki. Anyone have any news
on that?

What I propose it that we as a community decide on what it means
when we say 'Xen works correctly' -- either for a release or a new
platform.  That is to say, what is the minimal set of functionality
required to consider a port 'working'?  And how do we determine that
that functionality _is_ working?  Ideally, we can build on the most
excellent work already done in xm-test and maybe even someday get
to the point where a developer can run 'make check' and know whether
or not their patch helped or hindered.

Agreed.

We're trying very hard to have a simple and functional
testframework and testsuite that _anyone_ can run,
including, and perhaps especially developers.

A common framework that we can add tests to would be
invaluable in leveraging the efforts of others here.
Would be good to get most of the effort in the community
put into writing test cases as opposed to duplicate
infrastructure work...

Any help that you can offer -- corrections, wiki editing, better
testing methodology -- is greatly appreciated.  Hit the wiki site
and let's see if we can decide something by the _next_ Xen Summit;
what's there is a very rough first pass and I'll be the first to
admit it still needs a _lot_ of work :).

Yep, will do.

thanks,
Nivedita