[Xen-devel] RFC -- virtualisable NIC support in Xen

Hi all,

The attached is an RFC from Solarflare on a proposal for using virtualisable NICs in Xen. Such NICs can be accessed directly and safely by each guest, in order to get better performance.

This is work that we presented at the recent Xen summit.

At this stage, our main goal is to generate discussion on the overall approach we describe here. But we've also included our proof-of-concept implementation, and we welcome comments on that too.

Please direct all comments to the xen-devel list.

You can contact us directly at xen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cheers,

Greg