[Xen-devel] Oprofile-0.9.2 problem with xen-unstable

Hello Xen Users,

I am using oprofile-0.9.2 along with Xen-unstable which has inbuilt support for Xenoprof and Oprofile. I have everything installed fine (i.e. Oprofile.ko is at the right place) but still I am having the following problem.

When I try to use oprofile with the Host OS, I get the following error:

opcontrol --xen=/boot/xen-syms-3.0-unstable

/usr/local/bin/opcontrol: line 1490: check_valid_xen: command not found

When I use oprofile on a guest OS, I get the following error:

opcontrol --vmlinux=/boot/vmlinux-syms-2.6.16.13-xen

/usr/local/bin/opcontrol: line 1490: check_valid_xen: command not found

It seems that opcontrol is not able to find a script called “check_valid_xen”. Does anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks,

Nikhil