[Xen-devel] Re: 32E (64bit) VMX keyboard is out of control, if given an addition 'hde'

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 15:53:34 +0800, You, Yongkang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This issue only happens on my IA32E VMX domain. IA32 VMX domain is okay.
>
> I am trying VBD disk in IA32E VMX domain. I used following disk
> configuration to create an IA32E VMX domain.
>       disk = [ 'file:/mnt/disk1.img,hda,w', 'file:/mnt/disk2.img,hde,w' ]

I don't think hde is a valid disk drive for HVM.  QEMU only emulates a
standard IDE controller which would only allow 4 disks (hda, hdb, hdc,
hdd).  AFAIK, Xen has not added an additional IDE controller.

Sounds like we're not doing appropriate error checking somewhere...

Regards,

Anthony Liguori