Re: [XenPPC] Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [patch] make ELF functions static

>Ok now that we have established the "compile twice" strategy, then
>why don't we stick them in a new file called elfnote.c and keep them
>global?

Not validly - despite Elf32_Note and Elf64_Note having identical layout
they're distinct structures, and hence for type correctness they should
be compiled twice (and the correct flavor be used) if we don't want to
risk breaking if there ever get additions to these structures defined
that make them different for 32- and 64-bits.
If otoh we don't care about that, then yes, these functions could easily
go in their own file.

Jan