RE: [Xen-devel] pciback error - what does it mean?

> >> Cardbus bridges have a "2" in this field. No idea what will happen
if
> >> you disable this test in pciback, but it's worth a go...
> >
> > It'll almost certainly just work. I'm not sure a test on device type
is
> > really necessary.
>
> Just disable the test will lead to trouble in function
> pciback_config_header_add_fields
> (.../xen/pciback/conf_space_header.c). There are two structures called
> header_0 and header_1 that are used by pciback_config_add_fields. So
> someone decided to not implement header_2 - maybe there was a reason
> for the decision...

Looking at include/linux/pci_regs.h there's quite a lot of similarity
between a 'bridge' header type 1 and a 'cardbus bridge' header type2.
It may well work defining a header_2 the same as header_1 and adding it
to pciback_config_header_add_fields

Ian