[Xen-devel] mini-os: gnttab.c does not compile

Hello,

sorry to bother you with this: while trying to compile mini-os from
xen-unstable.hg, I noticed that compilation failed like this:

gcc -fno-builtin -Wall -Werror -Wredundant-decls -Wno-format
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Wpointer-arith -Winline -m32
-march=i686 -g -Iinclude  -Iinclude/x86      -Iinclude/x86/x86_32 -c gnttab.c
-o gnttab.o
gnttab.c: In Funktion »init_gnttab«:
gnttab.c:165: error: request for member `p' in something not a structure or
union
make: *** [gnttab.o] Error 1

Looking at the source code, I'm not surprised that this happens, and I suspect
that the file of the same name (gnttab.c) found in
linux-2.6-xen-sparse/drivers/xen/core will also fail to compile (though I
have not checked this).

It seems that the grant-table functions are currently in a non-functional
state and that mini-os does not use these functions anyway (except for a call
to the init function): After commenting out this call, I was able to build
the mini-os binary.

Is there a particular reason for this? Can I expect the mini-os to work after
removing gnttab.c?

Kind Regards

Rob