RE: [Xen-devel] qemu-dm cpu utilization

Ian,

> We do the majority of our HVM testing using windows as obviously the
> best way of running linux is fully 'enlightened' (para-virtualized).
It
> would be good to test to see whether the issue that you're seeing is
> sles9 specific.

We've actually been doing most of our HVM testing with WinXP.  Using
WinXP we found that if we never ran VNC -- waited long enough that we
were sure the WinXP guests were running, and then accessed them via
remote desktop -- we did not see the high cpu utilization.  But, as soon
as we fired-up VNC, we encountered the high utilization that Tommie
described.  Tommie posted the Linux results because most of us have
better tools to investigate Linux, as opposed to Windows, problems.

Are you seeing similar issues with Windows?

Cheers,
Aravindh Puthiyaparambil
Xen Development Team
Unisys, Tredyffrin PA