Re: [Xen-devel] [POWERPC/IA64] Updates required due to loader changes

On Wed, 2006-08-23 at 15:36 +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> Since this is one of the few things which would prevent you using a
> 3.0.2 dom0 on a 3.0.3 hypervisor I'm going to add the backwards compat
> stuff to the dom0 builder.
>
> Changes will probably needed to ia64 and powerpc but I'll get back to
> you on that...

I've now done this, it should come through as changesets 11244-11246.

The accessor functions which abstract the elf notes vs. __xen_guest
stuff should now be OK with both being absent on !x86 so I think the
patches I sent earlier are still correct, but please confirm.

Does it make sense to add a token set of ELF notes to your kernels? I
think XEN_VERSION, GUEST_OS and GUEST_VERSION would do the job...

Many thanks,
Ian.