Re: [Xen-devel] xen pae build is broken on ubuntu dapper

>I cannot build xen for pae on ubuntu dapper with XEN_TARGET_X86_PAE=y make ker
nels xen tools XEN_TARGET_X86_PAE=y

>Can anybody tell me, where the problem is?
>
>mkdir: cannot create directory `//lib/modules/2.6.16.13-xen': Read-only file s
ystem

You're failing on the install-kernels target since you're not root (at
a guess). If you want to build a PAE kernel not as root just do:

  - edit Config.mk in the top level to set "XEN_TARGET_X86_PAE=y"
  - in the top-level type 'make dist'

You'll still need to be root to install.

cheers,

S.