Re: [Xen-devel] PATCH: multicall and auto_translated in netfront.c

On 18/8/06 6:30 pm, "Steven Smith" <sos22-xen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The intent of this code was that pages_done should be 0 if
> auto_translated_physmap was set, so this should be a no-op.  It gets
> initialised to 0 at the top of the big loop, and is then only modified
> by xennet_get_responses through its mcl_offset_p pointer.
> xennet_get_responses only modifies it if
> !xen_feature(XENFEAT_auto_translated_physmap).  Am I simply confused?

That's how the code looks to me too. In fact this means there is a bug,
because driver allowance does not get properly decremented (it is
incremented even for auto-translated guests in alloc_rx_buffers).

I've checked in some cleanup as c/s 11199. It explicitly makes the multicall
dependent on !auto_translated, so it should simply never be executed on
ia64.

 -- Keir