Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] New shadow paging code

Hi,

At 16:36 -0400 on 13 Aug (1155486984), Puthiyaparambil, Aravindh wrote:
> I tried bringing up as many x86_32 UP WinXP domains as I could. I found
> that the qemu-dm process associated with each domain took up 50% cpu.

Are you auto-ballooing memory from dom0 for these domains?  One failure
mode of the memory allocation bug is that there is enough memory to
start the domain but not enough for qemu-dm to allocate its video card.
The domain then falls back to the much more cpu-intensive VGA support.

> Bringing up a domain with pae=1 crashes the system. I have attached the
> output. I tried this with a Win2003 server image.

Thanks; this is a known bug but the fix didn't make it into that
patch. :(

> I could not bring up any x86_64 domains. When I tried a SLES10 x86_64
> image I got a message saying "Your CPU does not support long mode. Use a
> 32-bit distribution"

I'll look into that; sounds like the results of CPUID are confusing the
linux kernel.

Cheers,

Tim.