Re: [Xen-devel] SMP on the MacBook

gimli <gimli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hi Edgar,

What a small world...

> I have xen running on my Macbook. The problem is cause by grub.
> When i start the xen entry in grub with the key "return" xen
> fails too boot. When i use the "Cursor key right" to start
> the xen entry xen boots fine. I used the atached patch against
> grub 0.97 for the Intel Macs.

Amazing, that works for me!  I will have a look why this has some
influence on SMP.

The patch I have used for GRUB Legacy is a backport for enabling the
A20 gate from GRUB 2.  I have posted it on the bug-grub mailinglist
in case you are interested and will commit it soon.  Essentially it
does almost the same as the one you are using.

Thanks,
Marco