Re: [Xen-devel] Questioning the Xen Design of the VMM

Mat, thanks for the reply

Petersson, Mats wrote:

Hidden parts of segment registers is one of the "security features" of
the 286 architecture, but it also creates some pretty interesting
scenarios for us programmers...

The missing part in my mind was that I didn't know that the segment registers can't be completely read. A colleague of mine told me a little more about them. Yuck!

Thanks for the nice write ups though.

-- Steve