Re: [Xen-devel] benign changes to common Linux files

  • To: Jan Beulich <jbeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 16:05:31 +0100
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 08:06:00 -0700

On 3/8/06 8:43 am, "Jan Beulich" <jbeulich@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Here we go.

> On 2 Aug 2006, at 16:31, Jan Beulich wrote:
>
>> I've run across a few seemingly needless changes to pre-existing Linux
>> files, that thus only bloat the diff when
>> generated against a vanilla tree. Examples below. Could we agree on
>> removing such deltas? Thanks, Jan
>
> If they are all as obviously trivial as the examples you give, we'd be
> happy to take patches to clean them up.

What tree are you diffing against? The two \n->\t changes in spinlock.h seem
to make sense, but the additional \n in __raw_spin_trylock isn't present in
my vanilla 2.6.16.13 sources. And the line you change in system.h has no
direct equivalent in the vanilla sources since they don't have SMP
alternatives.

 -- Keir