Re: [Xen-devel] Xen virtual console driver question

On 2 Aug 2006, at 22:42, Amos Waterland wrote:

I am currently using the below patch, but would really prefer not to.
It's basic approach is to have the Xen virtual console driver react
"gracefully" in the case that a real serial driver has already
registered ttyS0-ttyS3.  It's current behavior is to fail if the 8250
driver was initialized ahead of it, and console is lost. In the process
I found a bug in Linux, and have included the patch for it since
otherwise the Xen driver initialization will succeed but with negative
side effects in the kobject subsystem.

What is the story?

We need to obtain our own device number and then patch the driver. It'd be great if someone else wants to look into this.

 -- Keir