Re: [Xen-devel] Paravirtualised drivers for fully virtualised domains

>>I found some issues regarding this patch.
>>When I'm trying to start windows as VMX guest (with no drivers, of course)
>>under this patch, the guests fail. I ran with three images, windows 2000,
>>XP and 2003.
>>
>>For 2000 and XP, QEMU windows do not show, there are two lines in the
>serial
>>output:
>>      (XEN) Create event channels for vcpu 0.
>>      (XEN) Send on unbound Xen event channel?

As you note yourself, this problem is very unlikely to be anything to do
with the new PV drivers or associated infrastructure.

I think your problem is more likely to be a race condition in the startup
of the qemu-dm helper process. If you check the latest /var/log/qemu-*.log
and see a message something like "xc_get_pfnlist returned -1" this means
that qemu-dm tried to interrogate the domain before it had been created.

(I've seen this myself before but only on non-debug builds of Xen)

We should fix this properly, but for now you can just retry.

cheers,

S.