[Xen-devel] Re: Xen bootloader

John Levon wrote:
On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 03:36:36PM +0100, Mark Williamson wrote:

IIRC, Linux kexec can boot other OSes in principle, so we should be able to make this work for anything Linux can read the filesystem of.

Which is a pretty serious restriction. I'm still not clear on why this
is a preferable approach to modifying grub?

let's not forget Plan 9, eh? Would this approach support plan 9?

My guess is 'uh, I dunno'.

ron