Re: [Xen-devel] domU clock over 23s off

On 12 Jul 2006, at 10:00, Harald Koenig wrote:

I run into the same problem (ntp not working), so I set independent_wallclock
and ntp un domU can set the system time.  thanks for the hint!

BUT!!!  with independent_wallclock I have a new problem:
now the hw clock can't be read anymore

        root@rhel4 # /sbin/hwclock --debug
        hwclock from util-linux-2.12a
        hwclock: Open of /dev/rtc failed, errno=19: No such device.
        No usable clock interface found.
        Cannot access the Hardware Clock via any known method.

RTC is inaccessible to domU regardless of independent_wallclock.

 -- Keir