Re: [Xen-devel] What's the main difference between BVT and EDF?,

On 4 Jul 2006, at 09:04, rickey berkeley wrote:

Hi folks

BVT and EDF are both xen scheduler.
It is expected that administrator will choose the scheduler most appropriate to their application and configure the
machine to boot with that scheduler.
I just wonder  What's the main difference between BVT and EDF?
What kind of scenario to use them?

With the new credit scheduler checked into the xen-unstable tree, I wouldn't recommend to use either BVT or SEDF. They're both buggy. The new scheduler is supported by us, automatically load balances on SMP systems, and has a simpler administrator interface. Once credit scheduler has demonstrated its stability we'll most likely remove the other two schedulers.

 -- Keir