Re: [Xen-devel] credit scheduler issues in 64bit hypervisor

On Sat, 1 Jul 2006, Steven Hand wrote:

> Have you got any debug output from Xen ? (and are you running a debug
> build?).

I have no serial console on this system, and it rebooted
instantly - so unfortunately, no debugging output.

I will try this on one of my test systems at work, which
do have serial console.

> >Please don't make the credit scheduler the default until
> >it actually works.
>
> I'm not sure this is a credit scheduler bug - it seems rather more likely
> to be a vmx bug shaken out by the more aggressive load balancing of the
> new scheduler. Masking such bugs by using another scheduler doesn't seem
> like a great idea to me.

Point taken.  Though at this point I can't rule out the
scheduler yet, either :)

> Of course, difficult to be certain of the exact cause without some debug
> output or similar.

*nod*

--
All Rights Reversed