[Xen-devel] RE: A credit scheduler issue

> Keir, Emmanuel,
>   Thanks for the detailed answers, and your views. I agree that my
small
> change should not affect correctness. I didn't see the migration
often,
> I saw the dom0 vcpus migrations happening 4, 5 times from boot to
start
> of xend. I think we should avoid these migrations; why waste the cache
> hotness?

5 migrations in the space of a couple of minutes is going to add
absolutely no measurable overhead. It's certainly not worth adding code
to fix this. However, its well worth trying to construct other scenarios
to see if is possible to provoke thrashing (I would define thrashing as
events occurring more that e.g. 5-10 times a second).

>     How solid is the credit scheduler now for DomUs on a SMP box? On
> 32bit, PAE & 64bit? It would be a useful data point for me to debug
the
> HVM guest issues with the credit scheduler.

I'm not aware of any issues, at least with the default parameters.

Ian

> Thanks & Regards,
> Nitin

> Open Source Technology Center, Intel Corp

And