Re: [Xen-devel] Where can I find some tutorial or manual on how to use xenstore?

Thanks Ewan,

See below.

Cheers,

Nick

Ewan Mellor wrote:

On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 12:08:33PM +0100, Nick Logan wrote:

It's certainly possible, I've used this code as the basis for a new driver, which is similar to the vbd driver. The driver starts fine but I am unable to have it participate in a domain save/restore. I guess that this is because xend is not aware of the new driver and the open devices supported by this driver and hence the driver does not receive resume calls when the domain is restored..

Is there any way that a new driver can make it's existance known to xend?

If you've managed to get the driver to start through xend, I'd be surprised if
it's xend's fault that save/restore does not work.
The driver was started outside of xend, using a varient of Jacob's buscreate program to set the necessary values in xenstore. As this a 3rd party driver, I'm looking for a solution that does not involve xm or xend changes, if that's possible. I'll take a look at the blktap patches to see if that helps.

In any case, the main driver integration point is at the bottom of
tools/python/xen/xend/XendDomainInfo.py, where you can register a subclass of
xen.xend.server.DevController.py to manage the device.  You also need to make
sure that the driver's config is parsed properly by xm.

Take a look at Julian Chesterfield and Andrew Warfield's recent blktap patches
to see how driver tool integration is done:

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2006-06/msg00738.html

Cheers,

Ewan.