From: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Anand Gupta
Sent: 22 June 2006 22:25
To: Jerone Young
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Harry Butterworth; Xen Users; Andi Kleen
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] Re: need to compile 32bit on x86_64 cpu

On 6/23/06, Jerone Young <jyoung5@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If you are using paravirutal Xen (which I believe you are). You "cannot"
use a 32-bit Xen domU kernel with it. You have you use 64-bit Xen domU
kernel with it. I can tell by the path you are using 64bit Xen
"/home/xen/xen-3.0.2-2/dist/install/usr/lib64/python/xen/xend/XendDomainInfo.py". Best to stick with 32-bit Xen if you want to run 32bit domUs.

So i would need to compile and install 32bit version of xen on the dom0 now ? Shouldn't the 64bit allow me to run 32bit domU's as well as 64bit domU's ? (atleast thats what i thought it would allow)

Thanks.

--
regards,

Anand Gupta