Re: [Xen-devel] Powernow-k8 support

On 15 Jun 2006, at 10:58, Christian Roessner wrote:

One thing I'm a bit undecided on is whether MSR emulation is the right
way to go, or whether we should just pull the low-level cpufreq drivers
verbatim into Xen and then provide access to them via hypercalls. We
could then have a paravirtual cpufreq driver added to Linux. This has
the advantage that we have less new per-cpu-type code to maintain in Xen (we can more easily sync with cpufreq changes in Linux) but it does mean we change more Linux code and we'd want to be a bit careful not to make
the hypercall interface too Linux specific (or too x86 specific).

Has this something to do with the private mail I sent to Keir Fraser?

I told him that the powernow-k8 support in dom0 seems to work, while in
domUs not. Second was that the shown Bogomips under /proc/cpuinfo never
changes from ~4000, even when the CPU was @ 800.

That's a quite separate issue. The 'stale' frequency info in domU is harmless.

 -- Keir