Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC/patch] domain builder rewrite

Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
I guess that the hypervisor really doesn't need to know about ELF
images at all? To me it seems that it should be enough for it to get a
suspended image built by the domain.

It needs to know to bootstrap domain 0 only, all other domains are
created by the tools, not the hypervisor itself.

It always struck me as odd that we duplicated the domain builder code in both in userspace and in the hypervisor. Have you given any thought of unifying the two?

I always thought it would be neat to have a hypercall that could build paravirt domains at least...

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

cheers,

  Gerd