RE: [Xen-devel] Xenoprof and the hypervisor

Ray,

Xiaowei Yang from Intel posted a patch a few weeks ago
that enable passive domain support.
Passive domain support does exactly what you want.
It enables you to specify the fully virtualized guest as a passive
domain (using --passive_domains=<domid> option in opcontrol in dom0).
With this patch, all samples collected when the passive_domain is
running are delivered to dom0. Xiaowei also added support to decode the
samples in kernel space to the specific kernel symbols of the passive
domains (you need to pass the kernel image as an option in opcontrol).
With this you are able to get all samples in the system. The only
limitation is that oprofile will not be able to decode user level
samples for the passive domains. It will aggregate all samples into
under a single "user-level" category, but all xen and kernel samples
will be mapped to their associated symbols.

I hope this helps

Renato