Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-changelog] Fix xentrace to initialise the trace buffers if they are not set up.

On 15 May 2006, at 17:19, John Levon wrote:

In particular, don't do this. Only libbxc/xc_tbuf.c can include
xc_private.h. Why have you re-introduced this? Can you fix it back up
please to use get_size/get_mfn()?

I guess he was cribbing from xenmon/xenbaked.c which still includes xc_private.h. Your cleanup patch only touched that file very superficially.

I think there is some infrastructure common to both xentrace and xenmon that needs moving into xc_tbuf.c. That will remove duplicated code and mean that only libxenctrl needs to include xc_private.h and do grubby stuff with dom0 ops.

I look forward to patches from someone. :-)

 --- Keir