Re: [Xen-devel] Re: serial console hang in 3.0.2-2

On 7 May 2006, at 16:52, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

Seems to be SMP-related; if I boot nosmp things are working properly again.
I'm booting with noapic (I don't have completed ioapic support yet) and
as it's an asus P2B, acpi=ht seems to be automatically added.

When the hypervisor is hung, d is still working (in fact, soft interrupt are
blocked) and I get:

The CPU is probably stuck waiting for some other CPU to run its smp_call_function callback handler. This may be because the other CPU has got interrupts permanently disabled. It's worth disassembling your Xen image, or adding tracing to on_selected_cpus(), to find out where the CPU has got stuck and what it is waiting on. Then perhaps we can help you some more.

Ian's suggestion of trying -unstable is perhaps also worthwhile, although not for the reason he states (the fix that he points out is not applicable to our 3.0.2 tree).

 -- Keir