RE: [Xen-devel] It is possible to install Windows XP with intel vt now ?

  • To: "Michael Lessard" <michael.lessard@xxxxxxxxx>, <Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Zhao, Yunfeng" <yunfeng.zhao@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 20:38:15 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 05:38:38 -0700

Yes, you can install a windows xp into hvm guest.
The instructions about instalingl an unmodified os into hvm guest could be
found in the xen manual.

First you need a xp install iso file or cdrom.
And modify config file of hvm, enable cdrom='/dev/cdrom' or
cdrom='/<xp_iso_file_name>' and enable boot='d' in the config file.
Then create a hvm guest with the config file.
After this you will see windows xp installer is running in a qemu window, and
then you just need to follow the install wizard to finish the installation.

Thanks
Yunfeng