Re: [Xen-devel] Regarding page table management changes from Xen v1to Xen v2 (and v3)

Ian Pratt wrote:
On 64b we could use the 1:1 mapping of all physmem that Xen has. Obviously that is infeasible on 32b. In fact the interface
(passing a
virtual address) pretty much means we have to use a linear
mapping in
both cases.
Couldn't we temporarily map the page table page? Not that we would actually want to do that. Just trying to confirm my understand.

Sure, but that's expensive on 32b as map_domain_mem has to do real work
(it's cheap on 64b as we have a 1-to-1 map of machine memory).

Excellent, that's just what I thought.

Thanks Ian!

Regards,

Anthony Liguori