[Xen-devel] Full virtualization with Pacifica crashes

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Alexander Osthof <aosthof@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 15:20:49 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 06:21:22 -0700

I'm currently trying to get Xen working on an Pacifica system. But each time I
try to start a fully virtualized guest domain, the system hangs just after
the start with a black screen (paravirtualization works, btw).

I've also tried to monitor the system with the serial console, but I get
nearly no useful info. If I don't specify the memory used by dom0 (with boot
option "dom0_mem=xxx"), I can see the following error:

  Unable to open display.
  (XEN) domain_crash called from shadow_public.c:1564
  (XEN) Domain 1 reported crashed by domain 0 on cpu#0:

If I specify explicitely the amount of memory to be used by dom0, no error
message appears, but the screen wents black, too. So I don't really know if
to blame shadow_public.c and thus memory mapping respectively.

Have you ever been successful in running such a full virtualized guest domain
on a Pacifica system, or do you have a clue or a secret tip how to manage to
get this done?

Attached is the config file for the guest domain.

--
Alexander Osthof                                R&D SI Architecture Maintenance
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr.5          Phone: +49-911-74053-285