Re: [Xen-devel] Xenoprof: getting Oprofile out of timer mode?

On 21 Apr 2006, at 17:44, Andrei Lifchits wrote:

The problem is, that option is already there. This is what the Xen
entry in grub.conf looks like:

title Xen Unstable / XenLinux 2.6
        kernel /xen-3.0-unstable.gz console=vga lapic selinux=0
module /vmlinuz-2.6.16-xen root=/dev/hda3 ro console=tty0 lapic selinux=0
        module /initrd-2.6.16-xen.img

(I put lapic in both places actually, just in case).

Ah yes, looks like command-line parsing is broken for that option. :-(

I've just applied a fix to the -unstable and -testing repositories, so you should have more success when you have that. The changeset you need to pull from the public repository has the comment "Fix command-line parsing...". It'll be a couple of hours before the patch is pushed from our staging trees.

 -- Keir