[Xen-devel] Re: [rfc] [patch] "frame number" size in hypercall ABI

On 18 Apr 2006, at 20:17, Hollis Blanchard wrote:

I would like to avoid introducing new dom0_ops. If an invasive change
is only changing longs into an equivalent typedef'ed long (on x86/ia64)
then it's not hard to reason that it's correct. If it also causes
changes in users of libxc then well, that's a shame, but it's not
fixed by introducing a new dom0_op unless you duplicate every end user
for the ppc architecture too. :-)

OK, is this what you're looking for? Compile-tested only (on x86-32; I
haven't yet provided frameno_t in other arch-*.h).

I also haven't converted Xen itself to use frameno_t except where
absolutely necessary. It isn't required to solve my immediate problem...

I think the patch looks okay in principle, except I notice a couple of 'framno_t' misspellings. I think 'pfn_t' would be more in keeping with the Xen naming scheme for arbitrary page frame numbers, but perhaps that name is a bit unnecessarily cryptic. What is the immediate problem you're needing to solve?

 -- Keir