Re: [Xen-devel] kernel BUG look familiar?

> > This was reported by one of my users and it shows on every boot for
> > them.  I wanted to know if this was a known issue before filing a bug
> > report.
>
> I've never seen this. It looks fairly harmless, but worth understanding.
>
> Please can you post a full boot log, state what distro is being used in
> the domU, and whether tls has been disabled or whether 'echo "hwcap 0
> nosegneg" > /etc/ld.so.conf.d/xen' has been executed.

There's a 5-second pause the first time negative segment offsets are
used, to provide a clear warning to the user. The softlockup watchdog
is supposed to kick in after 10 seconds, so something here is a bit
confused. It's probably that mdelay() is delaying more than a
second. It's a software delay loop which we really ought to replace
with something better (HYPERVISOR_poll is the obvious candidate).

The issue can be worked around by calling touch_softlockup_watchdog()
in the 5-second delay loop in arch/i386/kernel/fixup.c.

 -- Keir