Re: [Xen-devel] swiotlb

Ky,
You are correct. I received this as a bugzilla on FC-5. Testing a solution now (replacing copy_to_user w/copy_to_user_inatomic). The other problem with the call to copy_to_user is that a kmap_atomic() is done just before it as well, and the thread can't be blocked before the kunmap_atomic() is invoked (after the copy_to_user()).

Unfortunately, tomorrow is company holiday, so I won't complete the testing until Monday; need to get more memory to force swiotlb's sync_single() to do the copy (due to bounce IO).

- Don

Ky Srinivasan wrote:
Given that the function __sync_single() can be called in an interrupt
context, why do we call a   potentially blocking function
(__copy_to_user) from within this function?

Regards,

K. Y