Re: [Xen-devel] spurious interrupts

Hi,

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 13:48 -0400, Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:

> > While I haven't heard anything whether others were able to reproduce
> > this, I was now able to nail this down to a simple operation: On the
> > system I'm testing with I was able to identify that the handling of
> > the interrupt from the SCSI controller triggers a simultaneous
> > interrupt from one of the USB controllers

Turns out that I'm seeing the same.  On the box that was showing

>         irq 16: nobody cared
>          Disabling IRQ #16

it seems that the irq16 is indeed getting dispatched every time an
interrupt arrives for the disk.  In this case it's sata, ICH5 on irq17.

> (At least, at the time of writing that box is showing only
> at 15,000 interrupts on irq16 after an hour instead of 100,000 after 10
> minutes

this turned out to be related to disk activity, and a heavy disk load
rapidly reproduced the problem even with the latest Xen kernel.

--Stephen