[Xen-devel] first attempt at xen-3.0.2 & ocfs2

  • To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 22:51:13 +1000
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 05:52:32 -0700

All my xen physical and virtual domains run off of AoE so a clustered
filesystem is a good thing for me!

Under Debian 'Etch', it almost 'just works'. First I installed
'ocfs2-tools' '1.1.5-2' + a patch from the Debian bug tracking system
(this is the 'almost' bit, it won't work without the patch)

Then I created a configuration and brought up the cluster on two nodes,
created a filesystem on a shared partition and mounted it. Then I added
another node. Almost too easy :)

Next I'll try it as a root filesystem which should really give it a
workout. Ocfs2 apparently supports a nifty feature where you can create
contextual symlinks which effectively means you can have the one
filesystem for all the nodes but also have node specific files.

James