[Xen-devel] Re: Is teardown_irq still required?

On 6 Apr 2006, at 04:14, Tian, Kevin wrote:

        Does the assumption still hold true that some static irqaction
may be
freed by this way? Or previous requirement already disappears today?
Now all the virtual drivers finally fall down to request_irq which
matches
free_irq. Only instances to call setup_irq are native linux drivers,
where
free_irq is not required for those architecture specific static irq
number.

        Maybe this change can be removed now?

Yes, I think we can remove it. We used to use it for timer irqs, but no longer.

 -- Keir