Re: [Xen-devel] Zen and Pacifica

I'm somewhat curious about your mercurial setup - could you briefly
outline which trees I need to check out in order to maintain "testing"
but fairly stable code?

In general, -testing contains the stable release plus some bugfixes. When new releases happen, the development tree (-unstable) gets swept into -testing and new disruptive development resumes in -unstable. Bugfixes generally get applied to -unstable but will also make it into testing if a) users have complained about those bugs and b) they are more likely to get there if users help backport and test those fixes from -unstable to -testing.

You may find you want to at least monitor the -testing tree and see what fixes have occurred. Of course the most effortless way to get updates is probably to get a distro from SuSE / RedHat / someone else that includes Xen and then get updates as RPMs along with everything else. You could also use the yum repository on the XenSource site, that also contains updates if you have a supported distro. I'm not sure how often they update, because I don't use them.

Keir posted a more detailed description within the past week or two - it should be in the archives so you may be able to find it on lists.xensource.com

Cheeres,
Mark