Re: [Xen-devel] [patch] make evtchn_upcall_pending arch-specific type

On Apr 1, 2006, at 4:11 AM, Keir Fraser wrote:

On 1 Apr 2006, at 04:55, Jimi Xenidis wrote:

        unsigned long evtchn_upcall_bits;

We'd have to group more than just the mask and pending flags into that long on x86 as otherwise we change the size of a public structure.

No size change, those two elements are padded to a long to accommodate the size and alignment of evtchn_pending_sel; so the size remains the same.

-JX