Re: [Xen-devel] [RFH] xen domain0 failover stuff

* Don Zickus <dzickus@xxxxxxxxxx> [2006-03-31 09:41]:
> On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 09:48:12PM -0800, Chris Wright wrote:
> > * Don Zickus (dzickus@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> > > Continuing on my project to get a domain0 to failover to a second domain0,
> > > I have stumbled upon an out of memory problem.  Does anyone know what type
> > > of quirky scenario I would have had to create in order to have
> > > xen_create_contiguous_region() fail within
> > > swiotlb_init_with_default_size() of the linux x86_64 kernel?
> >
> > Sounds like nothing other than running low on that amount of contiguous
> > pages.
> >
> > CTRL-a CTRL-a CTRL-a m
> >
> > Typing that should show you what's available, I suspect it's less than
> > the swiotlb is asking for.
>
> You know I have never been able to get this to work.  It keeps wanting to
> initializing my modem (minicom uses the same CTRL-a interface).  :)  Or
> maybe this is because I am using the redhat version.

The conswitch parameter to xen allows you to change the key used with
control to switch between Xen and Dom0 serial input.  I use 'x' and
don't have to reconfigured minicom.

title Xen 3.0-unstable / XenLinux 2.6.11
kernel /boot/xen.gz dom0_mem=524288 com1=115200,8n1 conswitch=x
module /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.11-xen0 root=/dev/sda1 ro console=tty0

--
Ryan Harper
IBM Corp., Austin, Tx