Re: [Xen-devel] vbd devices stuck in Initialising/InitWait

On 30 Mar 2006, at 04:50, Christopher S. Aker wrote:

So, commenting out the code above makes everything work. 15 reboots and all the devices have show up every time.

I don't know why the first call to xenbus_switch_state() isn't really writing out the value to xenstore. xenbus_printf() isn't returning an error, but still the value fails to make it into the store. That's the best of my understanding at the moment...

There is a logging mode you can turn on in xenstored and get a dump of all requests and actions taken by the daemon. I think it dumps to stdout. That might help determine whether the requests get as far as the daemon and, if so, what it is doing with them.

 -- Keir