Re: [Xen-devel] APIC handling on x86-64

>Yes, that's what stopped me taking x86/64 Linux code originally. I
>wonder if we can take just the IPI code from x86/64, plus whatever
>small changes we need to fix problems like this x460 bug. IPI code is
>reasonably self contained relative to the bulk of the apic code in
>apic.c. The x86/64 IPI code was a bunch cleaner than the i386 code last
>time I looked, and I don't think there are lurking legacy 32-bit issues
>in that area that would bite us?

Hmm, I'm not sure. Both because it wouldn't address all issues (the
I/O APIC redirection table entries also need to be programmed in
physical mode) and because I'm not so certain about legacy 32-bit
issues (on 32-bits you still have to account for the PentiumPro/II/III
behavior, namely the only 4-bit wide IDs, as that at least seems to
imply different cut-off criteria for the decision what destination mode
to use).

Jan