Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] VMI for Xen?

Keir Fraser wrote:

On 16 Mar 2006, at 23:33, Anthony Liguori wrote:

Actually, the new spec does support non-shadow paging. All page table updates are done via the VMI ROM. Normally, these are just normal get/set operations but they could be get/sets with p2m looks. The first version of the spec definitely didn't support non-shadow paging though.

I don't see any hooks for pte reads, which need m2p conversion in a non-shadow environment.
VMI_CALL_GetPxE is the hook for pte reads I think. The documentation refers to a SetPte function but that doesn't actually exist in the code. Instead, I believe the pte access functions are GetPxE and SetPxE and that they can be used for setting ptes or pmds. It's not really documented though so I may be wrong.
And the documentation is out of whack with the code patches now I look more closely at the mmu patch. VMI_xxxPxExxx functions are not defined in the spec, nor is VMI_AllocatePage.
Yeah, the documentation is lacking (and wrong) in a couple of key areas.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori
 -- Keir