Re: [Xen-devel] mini-guest io emulation

On 13 Mar 2006, at 05:04, Nakajima, Jun wrote:

For the "mini guest", I think it could be much easier if we
substantially strip down xenlinux rather than adding (eventually) a lot
of stuff to the current mini-os, mainly because we need probably a
multi-threaded run-time environment, scheduler, memory allocator, event
handling, drivers such as xenbus/netfront/blkfront, etc. At least, I
think we can use xenlinux as the development platform. For example,
implement the qemu-dm as a driver adding the infrastructure required
(e.g. small in-kernel glibc).

This sounds sensible. At least it allows ioemu development in parallel with mini-os development.

 -- Keir