Re: [Xen-devel] Grant tables from dom0 userspace?

On Thursday 09 March 2006 11:59, Jacob Gorm Hansen wrote:

> I would like to share some pages between my domU graphics frontend
> device, and the backend which runs in userspace in dom0. Right now I
> am doing this with my own scheme, but presumably grant tables would be
> the correct solution.
>
> Is it possible to use grant tables from dom0 userspace? There used to
> be a file called tools/libxc/xc_gnttab.c but that seems to be gone
> now.

Rusty did a userspace block driver you may also want to look at. He was
publishing bundles here: http://ozlabs.org/~rusty/xen/bundles/

See also his mail on the subject, titled "[BUNDLE] Testing a simpler
inter-domain transport" and later "[BUNDLE] Xen Share w/ block device".

--
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center