[Xen-devel] Status of shadow page tables on 32bit x86

Dear all,

I'm trying, without much success, to figure out what the status is on shadow page tables. Specifically I'm interested in using fully translated/external shadow page tables. Referring to [1] it seems that, as 32bit x86 non-pae still uses shadow32.c, shadow.c is not quite ready for 32bit. Furthermore I assume that shadow32.c only supports shadow page tables that are located in the individual VMs and are maintained by the guest OSes. Can anyone confirm this or elaborate on when a working version of external
shadow page tables in shadow.c can be expected in a 32bit version?

If I try to force a build of shadow.c and corresponding files (by explicitely saying so in the xen/arch/x86/Makefile), I get a load of compile errors. Is there a more better and elegant way to do this?

Furthermore [2] suggested the possibility of an upcomming paper on shadow page tables, is there any update on this? Also I would value, if any exists, pointers (besides the migration article) to any documentation on the
implementation of shadow page tables.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Arne Mejlholm